Friday, March 16, 2007

Thats one thing to cross off my list...

Well, i crossed a seemingly impenetrable frontier. Yep, i have taken up, or as we seemstresses call it, hemmed my pants. For the first time. Ever (well, successfully anyway) Now im sure this probably isnt a big deal to many people, but to me it is!
Since i am sooo short, well short enough so everything is waaayyy to long, i have to take everything up. Last season i had to take up track pants. I mean really- TRACK PANTS. I felt like such a nob going in to the dry cleaners and asking her to take up my track pants, but alas, it had to be done. And on a side note- did you know they charge by the leg? $7 each. How silly is that?! Its not like you are only going to get ONE done. Or maybe, it ensures you are going to pay the lady? Ransom? I scoffed at her. Then, though i took my scoff back because she had my pants.

But, I digress. Essentially this means i have mastered the sewing machine.

The one side to being little- i can sometimes buy kids clothes. The downside is that on me, three quarter pants always sit just above my ankles, but in that to short kinda way. It looks so wrong.

2 comments:

Mummerina said...

omg good work. i've only just learnt how to sew a button back on. hahahah.

TTQ said...

I bow before before you..everytime I play with a sewing machine my husband or mother gasps for dear life and scream NOOOOOOOOOOOO! You'll sew your arm to the fabric and it will get sucked in to the bobbing needle...

I'm short too. my track pants drag the ground..and I step on them..but I don't wear them out of the house to often.