Thursday, March 22, 2007

First is surplus

I just cant do it. I just can not use the first available piece of toilet paper in all public toilets (and in some cases, personal) I just cant. Its a germ issue that stems from my youth.

Lets take a trip down memory lane shall we?

One day i was sitting there, blonde hair and blue eyes (possibly bushy-tailed) watching tv and i came across a doco on germs. Microscopic germs in fact. The ones that are there, on everything, but you can not see them (even if you squint)

From that day on, i washed my hands obsessively, approx 10 times per hour. This rate varied on activity, however at my peak i do recall washing my hands directly after washing my hands because of the possible/probably germs lurking on the tap.

Now, i think this continued for a year or so. Mum consulted the family doctor and he advised to let me be as i would eventually stop (which i did)

It wasnt until not long ago that i was reminded about this year of my life. I had completely blocked it, but now that i remember it, it certainly explains ALOT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh.

I do the same thing. I thought I was the only one. EVER.

I mean, I even do it when I'm at the Oncology Employees ONLY bathroom in our break room!

kimberlie said...

yes, i think we all have it in us somewhere...!