Saturday, December 22, 2007

Phobias

Today possum told me of a phobia i had never heard of. A girl at his work is afraid of touching velvet like things. eg, she cant touch peaches, dry sponges etc. (yes,i am totally serious) Apparently the sensation she experiences is like that when people drag their nails down a blackboard.

Also, some people are afraid/cant touch ice block sticks. Yep. Those little pieces of wood..

I have a thing that CANT touch raw chicken and i also cant mix my food temps in the same mouthful (yep,burgers dont really work for me, or Tacos for that matter- the salad is always on the side..)

Do you know of any odd phobias?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

THANK GOD, I'M NOT ALONE!!! I have a phobia about rubbing my hand across ANY kind of fabric (ironic, because I sew), and I can't rub someone's back if they are wearing a shirt. It feels so weird, and my hand starts sweating! I feel like a freak! :)

Mummerina said...

My ex's dad couldn't touch a cake of soap - he had to use a soap wash instead!

TTQ said...

Popsical sticks (ice blocks?) always make me cringe too. I have lots of phobias...way too many too list.Public restrooms/bathrooms are one, I just can't go unless it's at home.

PrincessPolly said...

I knew a girl who didn't like touching either cotton wool (the balls, not the pads) or the big blocks of polystyrene used for packaging. Someone once put a big bit of polystyrene on her desk at work and she refused to go anywhere near it, even though all her things were underneath it!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.