Tuesday, May 22, 2007

'The next thing on my list' by Jill Smolinski


I cannot recommend this book enough. I am only half way through and know it will be one of my favourites. Yes, it is 'çhic lit'(not that there is anything wrong with that), but also, it has a deeper side that allows you to develop a relationship with the main character. There is constant change throughout the book which also keeps you entretained.

It has been too long since i have felt this way about a book.
I really *heart* this book.

On another note, i really disliked reading 'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparkes. I absolutely adored the movie, thus i chased down the book relentlessy. Now, i am a firm believer that the book is ALWAYS better than the movie, BUT in this case I was...well, I was wrong. The movie is soooo much better. The book only seems to skim the story and you miss out on many great moments from the movie. For 'Notebook' novices, i must insist that you read the book first- it could only serve to make the movie better!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looooooved the Notebook movie, and I def won't read the book now! I hate spending $17.99 on a hardcover and finding out its trash!