Wednesday, April 21, 2010

28-35

For some reason, I keep putting off updating my age on the side bar from 27 to 28.
I know i'm not in denial, but all of a sudden i am VERY much aware of ageing and i want it to stop. Now.

I know this because:

1. I am back at the gym seeing a trainer trying to find that elusive figure from my early twenties.
2. I HATE ticking age boxes on forms. I am now in the 28-35 age bracket. The horror.
3. I am obsessed about wrinkles- especially eye wrinkes.
4. I find myself wandering into shops that i used to label as 'old people' shops, and the worst part is...I like them. They have practical pyjamas and heat packs.
5. I increasingly start sentences with 'When i was young' or 'When i used to go out..'
6. My knee is making funny noises when i bend, kinda like it's groaning.

So, there you have it. I'm oldish.

2 comments:

P said...

I am starting to sprout tiny little white hairs out of my head, you can't see them unless you're close up, but as someone who had about two grey hairs in my life so far, it's freaking me out!

Emily said...

I am RIGHT THERE with you. Actually maybe even OLDER, I'm turning 29 in a couple months.

Eh, what can you do? Time marches on. In some ways I miss my early 20s, but I think the best is yet to come -- for both of us!