Monday, January 25, 2010

Substantial substance

Does anyone else find it too hard to 'share' on their blog? As much as i want to be completely open and honest, i find it hard to write anything 'substantial'. I am not an overly open person anyway, so i guess it transfers here too. The funny thing is, i like reading about other people's...substance. I'll take it, but won't give it!

Generally i post about shopping. I wonder why i do this? Many would consider this to be highly impersonal, but when you think about it, shopping is quite personal for me. It displays my personality, likes and dislikes, and i put a lot of thought into gifts for other people. I plan months in advance to find the perfect present, and often hound suppliers to get stock if they run out. I like the thrill of the chase, and knowing that i can find a unique gift and make someone smile.

Another intersting point is that i do not tell my 'real' friends/family about my blog. I do not want them reading it, probably because i don't want to be judged ( not that i really think they would), but it's nice to have a seperate avenue.

Does this make sense?

1 comment:

P said...

I LOVE sharing but I can certainly understand why some people have trouble doing it!