Sunday, December 06, 2009

Reflections and !!!

This may sound trite, but since moving from a big city to a smaller costal town, i have become much less worried about looks, clothes, shopping and all those costly things that a city can do to a person.

I guess a lot of this is due to lack of choice. I don't have big shopping centre where i am. Sure, i have all i need and more, but a lot less variety. Where shopping used to take a day ( and sometimes more), it now takes a couple of hours.

I used to get most of my fun from shopping in the city. It's just what you did either alone or with the girls. Now, i shop, but i go to the beach too. I play tennis. I actually read during the day. Brett and i play board games. I look at the ocean for no other reason but because i can and it's pretty.

So there you have it.

Don't get me wrong, i miss the city. I miss the shopping, but not the reasons why i did it. I wonder it that makes sense to anyone else but me?

And, in other news, the company that i work for in Brisbane ( Aka 'the city'), is flying Brett and I up for the Christmas party, and covering all costs for the weekend!!! Happy dance!!

1 comment:

P said...

There's still online shopping though!!!

(Like you didn't know that already...)